Skip to content
Planned Giving for Financial Advisors
Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust (CRAT)
How It Works
- Your client transfers cash or appreciated securities into a trust.
- The trust pays a fixed annuity to your client or to the beneficiaries she names.
- When the trust terminates, the remainder passes to Harper College Educational Foundation to be used as your client directs.
- Your client (or her beneficiaries) will receive fixed annual payments for life or a term of years.
- Your client will receive an immediate income tax deduction.
- Your client will defer or avoid capital gains tax on appreciated assets donated.
- Your client will remove the trust assets from her taxable estate.
- Your client will make a meaningful gift to Harper College Educational Foundation.
In This Section